We have several exciting focus workshops for the 2019 elementary session. Join other students in an exciting environment to learn more about music, theater or dance! The Focus Workshops are a great add-on to the morning Elementary Discovery Session or can be taken on their own.
Visual Arts Workshops:
Middle School Music Workshops:
- Visual Arts Workshop (Nate Olson) - entering grades 1-2 (This class currently has a waitlist)
Strengthen your technical skills and hone your powers of observation! This workshop will explore the world of visual arts through different projects and activities.
- Disney Drawing Workshop (Cristy Maltese) - entering grades 3-4 (This class currently has a waitlist)
Learn about the art of drawing and painting in the Disney Style with Disney background artist Cristy Maltese. Cristy's work can be seen in classic Disney films such as Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Aladdin.
- Science & Art: Motion Machines (Janet Clarke) - entering grades 5-6 (This class currently has a waitlist)
Motion Machines - Egg beaters and screwdrivers, belts and pulleys, rack and pinions! Do you love working with gadgets and imagining new uses for everyday objects? The “Motion Machines” workshop is your opportunity to use ideas about motion transmission and transformation to make a creative, working prototype of a mechanical device with a purpose.
- Jewelry Making Workshop (Mary Goddard) - entering grades 5-6 (This class currently has a waitlist)
In this workshop students will learn how to create handcrafted copper jewelry. Choose to create earrings or pendants.
- Puppet Workshop (Mary Stevens) - entering grades 1-3 (This class currently has a waitlist)
Come use your imagination with us as we create, play, and act with puppets of all types.
- Theater Imagination – (Buba Basishvili) - entering grades 1-3
Come use your imagination with us as we create, play, and act with a variety of tools including masks, clowning, and mime.
- Circus Workshop (Zeke Blackwell and Mark Ferrando) - entering grades 4-7
Fly away with your imagination! Learn how to juggle, become an acrobat and create your own clown character in this whirlwind week of fun and laughter. Students will combine music, dance, visual arts, and theater in a circus-themed week of fun.
- Choir Workshop (Karen Neal) - entering grades 3-6
This workshop is for all students who love to sing – and for those who don’t yet realize how much fun it is to sing! Students will build their individual musical skills such as proper vocal technique and breathing in a group setting filled with a variety of repertoire, teambuilding exercises and of course, laughter! All ability levels are welcome and encouraged.
- Strings Workshop (Giancarlo Latta) - entering grades 4-7
The Strings Workshop is perfect for students looking to improve their musical technique. Students will work on their musicality, music reading skills, and playing in a larger group.
- Dance Workshop (Tommy Scrivens) - entering grades 4-6
Come get moving in this exciting workshop that will introduce students to the fundamentals of dance. Bring your energy and be ready to sweat it out on the dance floor!
Middle School Music Workshops:
- Woodwind Workshop (Amanda Galick) - entering grades 6-8
The Woodwind Workshop is perfect for students looking to improve their musical technique. Students will work on their musicality, music reading skills, and playing in a larger group.
- Brass Workshop (Roger Schmidt) - entering grades 6-8
The Brass Workshop is perfect for students looking to improve their musical technique. Students will work on their musicality, music reading skills, and playing in a larger group.